Like millions of people before me and the many who will follow, somewhere along the way I picked up the idea that pleasing people was the key to my happiness. Yes, like the typical people pleaser, I believed that meeting other people’s needs, expectations, and wishes, was somehow going to meet my […]
Up until my mid-twenties, I had this pervasive belief that if only I’d had one of those great childhoods that I saw on TV or that I imagined everyone else was having, that I’d have different types of problems – maybe Happy / Together People Problems? – and that I’d also be a […]
For the past eight years, I’ve been helping people to understand unhealthy relationships and more importantly inspiring and empowering readers to change their relationship habits and improve their self-esteem over at my blog Baggage Reclaim. During this time, I came to realise that much of the pain we put ourselves through […]
- Sofa Outrage – When people get outraged for the sake of being outraged
- When we lose our integrity in a relationship, we lose our ability to be emotionally available
- A comparison site for humans: Is Facebook affecting your BS levels, happiness and self-image?
- ‘Should I say something?’ When you can’t decide if you should be honest about something
- There’s no need to be the BS police